UFC 163 results: Cezar Ferreira Vs Thiago Santos Full Fight Video


The TUF: Brazil 1 winner made short work of Thiago Santos in a middleweight main-card bout at UFC 163. Ferreira (6-2) needed just 47 seconds to finish Santos via guillotine choke Saturday night at HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro.

Ferreira wobbled Santos (8-2), who was making his UFC debut as a substitute for Clint Hester, with a big overhand right, then followed up with a head kick. Ferreira then transitioned right into the winning submission hold.

"He had his guard down, so I went in and I decided to take advantage of that opportunity," Ferreira said. "I was able to finish him with a guillotine."

Ferreira credited his recent move to the Blackzilians for his noticeable improvement.

"I move to Florida for training, for a new team," Ferreira said. "For me, it's like a family. I train all my game there."